Rolling Dice & Building Fluency
Here’s a fun way to increase opportunities to practice skills!
Teaching through play is way more fun than sitting at a table. Get the whole family involved by following these easy steps. All you need is a die and a something to write on.
- Write a rule for each number
- Throw in some quick silly or preferred activities
- Take turns rolling the dice and performing actions
- Bonus: Your learner will have lots of models of appropriate responses
- Keep a fast pace to maintain attending
- End the game after a set amount of time, turns, or BEFORE your learner loses interest
*You can use playing cards in a similar way. For example, I’ve made add-on rules to uno, where actions should be performed when someone has to draw cards or puts down a card of a certain color.